Regular air conditioner maintenance can pay big dividends and improve overall system performance and reduce energy costs.
It can also help to extend the life of your system parts and equipment, as well as help to prevent costly and inconvenient breakdowns. Regular maintenance is required to keep the manufacturer warranty valid should you experience a component failure. We recommend your air conditioning system(s) be maintained twice a year or at the very least, once per year.
Our preventative maintenance service includes the following:
- Inspect refrigerant levels and pressures (Refrigerant is not included if needed)
- Calibrate thermostat(s) and check proper cycle and temperature—to improve comfort and control
- Measure for proper temperature difference
- Inspect and tighten wiring, contacts, capacitors and relays—to avoid expensive repairs
- Inspect and clean the evaporator coil
- Flush and vacuum condensate drain—to assure drain is clear
- Add algaecide tablets to help prevent buildup in drain pan
- Inspect and clean the condenser coil, as needed
- Inspect the outdoor disconnect
- Inspect the condenser fan motor, blades, and related components
- Check compressor amps at startup
- Replace filter(s) with media filter or wash washable filter
- Wipe down all return air grills
Upon completion, your service technician will provide a detailed invoice and share any recommendations and potential concerns about your air conditioning system, if any. Provided you give approval, the repairs will be billed separately if any.